Hiring a Landscape Contractor can be a daunting task. Below are some suggestions for hiring a landscape contractor that will ensure that you get a quality installation at a fair price.
- How long has the contractor been installing concrete products, planting material, and working with various design elements?
- What percentage of their total business is made up of the sale and installation of concrete paving stones and retaining walls?
- Does the contractor have liability insurance and WSIB insurance?
- Will they provide copies of the insurance coverages?
- Have they been professionally trained in the sale and installation of concrete products & planting material by a manufacturer and/or trade association?
- If so, do they have written certification of completion?
- Do they install as per manufacturer association specification?
- Do they provide you with a detailed proposal outlining the scope of work and all other pertinent details associated with the project?
- Do they provide a written guarantee of their installation workmanship?
- If so, what is the length of time and scope of coverage?
- Does the contractor provide you with detailed design assistance?
- Will they provide you with a list of references?
- Have you visually inspected their work from past years to current?
Keep it simple; understand what your needs are, consider your budget, design & plan your dream, and then hire the right professional to build it! Give us a call today!
Ashlar Landscapes offers a full range of
Landscape Design & Build · Patios · Walkways & Driveways · Sodding & Seeding · Garden Bed Design & Build · Planting · Retaining Wall Construction · Interlocking Stone & Natural Stone · Landscape Lighting · Decks & Fences · Outdoor Fireplaces · Pool Surroundings